- When you are not wearing or transporting your precious items store your jewellery in it's box or pouch to avoid damage from sunlight, oxygen, moisture and excessive heat.
- Fasten the locks on chains so they don't tangle while being transported. It is important to keep each piece separate while transporting so they don't scratch one another.
- Air exposure & air pollution can oxidise your jewellery slightly. Don’t leave your jewellery on a night stand or open in a jewellery box. If storing for long periods, place in an airtight bag to avoid tarnishing.
- Our items are handmade and fragile so wear with care. Treat your purchases with care and make sure you don't knock them against any hard surfaces, drop them, crush or catch them on fabric.
- Don't swim with or shower with your precious items this can discolour the metal parts and can damage some stones.
- Protect your items from hairspray, lotions and perfumes they can discolour the metal parts & some stones.
- Don't sleep in your jewellery.
- Avoid wearing during exercise to avoid damage to your jewellery.
- Use a jewellery polish cloth to clean.
- Opal care - Avoid high temperatures & or low humidity extremes. Opals are a soft stone & boiling water can crack the stone due to the fact they are made up of 5-6% water. Do not wear your opal jewellery in the shower or swimming water can damage your opal. clean your opal with a damp cloth with mild detergent, never soak or immerse your opal in water. Hairsprays, perfumes, moisturisers & hand sanitisers will damage your opal.
We stand behind our product & their quality, however, due to the nature of individual skin acidity and product we adviser that you follow these tips to keep your jewellery in great condition for many years to come!
Canvas Care Instructions
Our crystal wall artwork include real crystals that can be sharp. Wear appropriate gloves while handling for your safety.
I use Epoxy Resin for my crystal canvases. Epoxy resin is a clear, liquid adhesive that I bind with paint, crystals and other materials to create texture. Epoxy resin is UV sensitive, appropriate UV blockers are used in the formula but it may yellow over time with exposure to sunlight or failure to follow the provided care instructions. Keep all pieces out of direct sunlight.
Epoxy Resin can be easily scratched and marked. Avoid the use of chemicals and abrasive cleaners. Treat your artwork like glass, clean with a gentle window cleaner and soft cloth. Gently cleaning will help your artwork stay clear and shiny. To remove dust between textured areas, use a microfibre duster.
SAHARA BLUE CO. is not liable for any damage or injury related to the artwork being handled or cared for incorrectly.