- When you are not wearing or transporting your precious items store your jewellery in it's box or pouch to avoid damage from sunlight and excessive heat.
- Fasten the locks on chains so they don't tangle while being transported. It is important to keep each piece separate while transporting so they don't scratch one another.
- If storing for long periods, place in an airtight bag to avoid tarnishing
- Our items are handmade and fragile so wear with care. Treat your purchases with care and make sure you don't knock them against any hard surfaces, drop them, crush or catch them on fabric.
- Don't swim with or shower with your precious items this can discolour the metal parts.
- Protect your items from hairspray, lotions and perfumes they can discolour the metal parts.
- Don't sleep in your jewellery.
- Avoid wearing during exercise to avoid damage to your jewellery.
- Use a silver cloth or non-abrasive silver polish.
Following these tips can keep your jewellery in great condition for many years to come!
Will the gold-plating wear off? Eventually, yeah — that’s just the nature of it.
And although the materials we use help prolong the inevitable, you can give it a extend the life by following the care instructions that are listed above.
With proper care and storage the gold-plating can easily last for years, but in high-use cases, it may begin to wear off after 6 months.
When it does, the piece is still ok to wear, you will simply be able to see the smetal base underneath. Because this is due to wear and tear, it won’t be eligible for return or exchange. You can always have your piece re-plated at your local jewellery store.